1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MXR BLOWTORCH vs MXR M-80 :hyper:

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Masterbasser71, Apr 4, 2006.

1. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Awesome stuff, awesome stuff.

Now I'm tempted to buy A Blowtorch... need money...

My Morley Power Wah restoration project ate up the last of my "okay to spend money"...

2. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    I mainly like the subtle ones (sample 7 is a bit too subtle, though). Ed has mad skills, by the way, great feel.

3. Hmm sounds interesting, I didn't care too much for it when it started sounding synthetic. I was looking for something that sounded really :mad: and growling. It holds the bottom-end very well, I'll give it that, but can it sound evil and pissed off (can I say "pissed")? :help:

4. I couldn't help but notice that the Blowtorch wasn't supposed to be released today? Jim Dunlop website remains quiet on the new product.

5. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Inactive

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Yes it can but that's not a sound that I care for for my own personal use(if it's asked for in the studio by a producer then I would use it in that setting).in that mode it's just a little to brittle for me.

6. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Inactive

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Here: http://www.zzounds.com/item--MXRM181

It says:
    :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :crying:
    -------------------------
    EDIT: All the other sites I checked say the same date, if they say a date at all....
    :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

7. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    i like it. i see it as this quasi-fuzz that has this funky squarewaveish clipping to it, sort of reminds me of germanium diode clipping, but with a great blend, and retention of the original tone.

darn, i guess it'll have to sit next to my bassdrive.

8. Thanks!;) :hyper: :bassist: You rock!

9. hey Jauqo,
    (I spelt it right this time) Is your MXR Blowtorch a prototype or the final product? Just wondering.

10. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Inactive

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.

you're very welcome.

:) yes you did.The Blowtorch that I have is the same exact one that's on the Market except that where it says Boost,on mine it says Torch.

11. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Thanks for that link! Man, I keep coming back to track one. Ed's playing and that tone just really get my juices flowing! :bassist:

12. Link
    ^ These kids seem to have them in stock.
    Trying to control my pedal GAS but it's really not working. Damn them.

13. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Inactive

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.

You're welcome Tom.