1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MXR Blue Box

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CHILDISHGAMBINO, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Does anyone know what the fuzz circuit in this thing is based on? Is it even based on anything else? Are there any pedals that sound like the fuzz side of the blue box, maybe with a clean blend? I really like the glitchy(Its hard to describe sounds with written words)almost chorusy???:confused:sound of the fuzz. The 2 octave down sounds great too, though it does have limited usefulness on a bass.

2. Baron Von Vik

Baron Von Vik

Jun 11, 2010
    Somewhere in Arizona
    Mojo FunkBasses
    Well, it's a fuzz with a gate, a basic square wave, I don't think it's based on any particular circuit. Just a clip synth. The closest fuzz to it would be the Buzz Box, but the 103 is really it's own animal. Kind of a like an electronics project that was left unfinished; totally unstable and unpredictable. I love it. I loop it, run it through the wah, put a delay on it, and even tried to put vocals through it. And it only works on bass in the higher register, otherwise it has a tendency to fart or just lose the notes.