1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MXR Carbon Copy Delay (what next)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Time Monkey, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Time Monkey

Time Monkey Banned

Jan 9, 2009
    California
    I really wanted a good wah, but the dude at GC informed me that all the wahs are pretty crappy for bass.

So he talked me in to that.

I haven't found any cool settings except for the factory reccomended ones, which are pretty decent. My band has a few songs that it should be pretty cool with. And by a few I mean 3.

Anyways...

Now i have that and a sansamp 3 channel.... what should i get next for fun?

2. Buy effects from other places besides GC. There are several awesome wahs for bass. Use the search function on here. Type in key words. Click on threads that seem like they are applicable. Watch Youtube demos. Pay attention to the classifeds here. You will find some fun.

3. ZanaZulu807

ZanaZulu807

Aug 6, 2007
    The guy who said wahs are crappy for bass was a fool. There are plenty if nice wahs (Morley, Wilson, etc.) that sound even better suited for bass than guitar, IMO, if course.

With the Carbon Copy, I would play around with the settings to find what you want. It's a very diverse and crazy sounding pedal when set right.

I would recommend starting a hunt for a good fuzz next. What kind of music do you play?

4. Time Monkey

Time Monkey Banned

Jan 9, 2009
    California
    reggae/ska/punk. cause i live in bro cal and its a law.

He said all the wahs are pretty much useless in the lower registers?

5. NEEDS MOAR FUZZ!!!!!!!!!!!! ss/bs TAFM, IE Oxide

6. That guy is a DOUCHE. I use a Gig-FX Subwah. It is made for extra low frequencies.

7. ZanaZulu807

ZanaZulu807

Aug 6, 2007
    I recommend the Wilson Freaker, though my weapon of choice will always be the Morley Power Wah Boost. But yeah, check out some envelope filters if you like Dub sounds, and some fuzzes to add some raunch.

8. Low Pass Filters for dub that caves in people's chests.

9. As a general rule, I do the opposite of what G.C. folks recommend.

10. AlvarHanso

AlvarHanso

Jun 20, 2011
    Whoever told you that was a slack-jawed moron. I've got a Crybaby 105Q Bass Wah that sounds great all the way down to the B string. I don't see how a delay unit would be a suitable substitute for a wah. You should look at an envelope filter, but that's a long strange path to wander down, you may find yourself lost in the wilderness of envelope filters seeking the holy grail.