1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale MXR ISO Brick

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by B-LOW, Aug 19, 2018.

1. B-LOW

B-LOW Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Price:
    Isolated power supply in new condition only used twice with box and all accessories that came with it. $90 shipped conus. No trades! Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  2. BassBeginer64

BassBeginer64 Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Riverside Ca
    What Model, and yes needs some more pics (FYI) Interested in purchasing this item.

3. BassBeginer64

BassBeginer64 Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Riverside Ca
    Thanks

4. Is this the model with the 9volt knobs that are spot on, or the earlier one where that was not always the case?

5. B-LOW

B-LOW Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2015

Yes it is. It also has adjustable voltage for other power needs.

6. Sorry for the delay. That’s what I was referring to. On early models, the adjustable knobs were not always sending 9v even when the knob was set there.

7. B-LOW

B-LOW Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2015
    It has fixed 9v and other voltage options if I wasn't clear.

8. I am aware of its features. (Various mA of 9v and 18v, plus 2 adjustable knobs to control two ports that are variable in voltage.) What I am asking (and I believe that the previous person was also interested in) is whether or not the adjustable knobs reliably send 9v to the pedal when the knob is set to 9v. Apparently earlier models of this sent too much voltage, even when the knobs were set correctly for 9v at the marking on the knob. This led to damaged gear, which obviously is a negative. I’m hoping to find out whether or not this exact item will potentially harm any pedals hooked up to it.

9. B-LOW

B-LOW Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Thanks for the info. I was not aware of that. Do you know how to tell the difference?

10. The only method I know is to use a voltmeter on the output when it’s set to 9v. But I’ve never had the Isobrick to actually do this.

11. B-LOW

B-LOW Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2015
    I'll do that asap and get back to you.