MXR M-188 Bass Auto Q Auto Wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rubber_ritchie, Feb 17, 2010.

1. rubber_ritchie

rubber_ritchie

Feb 2, 2008
    London
    I have a Boss AW-3 and a Qtron Envelope Filter but not really impressed with either. I found the Boss takes out a lot of bottom and the Qtron too fiddly to get the right sound although I like it a lot for guitar.

I haven't tried the MXR pedal but sounds awesome from this (very slick) video

Anyone played it?

2. bass12

bass12 Grace under pressure Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    I currently have one for sale! It didn't do much for me, but at least it has a volume control on it and doesn't drop out in the low end the way the Boss does. I just picked up a Mutron III and so far it's the envelope filter that has pleased me the most.

3. rubber_ritchie

rubber_ritchie

Feb 2, 2008
    London
    Thanks bass12. I found little on it on the web. Nothing on Talkbass I could find. I couldn't resist. I've ordered it! I'll post how it is here in a day or two when I get her. x

4. rubber_ritchie

rubber_ritchie

Feb 2, 2008
    London
    I got it and I love it!!!! MXR M188. Its aweosme!

5. i love that pedal, gonna get it someday

6. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    I've got one in the classifieds right now. It's not as wild and quirky as the Q-tron but I like it pretty well. It doesn't require a compressor and it can be much more subtle than the Q-tron which can be nice if you're not going for the Bootsy vibe.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021