1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MXR M-188 Bass Auto Q

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by plasson, Apr 14, 2006.

1. plasson

plasson

Mar 21, 2005
    Hello guys,
    I've just bought this item, mainly because it's one of the few filter with a LEVEL control.
    I have a question: is it possible to vary the filter opening with the intensity of the touch (like an envelope filter)?
    It seems to bee too "closed" when I reach lower ranges...

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I don't believe so

3. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    No you can't. That's the only thing I find annoying with this pedal, No sensitivity control. Everything else is great.

4. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    +1

Ashdown has an envelope hitting the street shortly that has a level control. Looking at the layout it seems like a Maxon AF-8 or Mutron type envelope voiced for bass along with the ability to mix what have been traditionally different discrete settings. Anyone get one of these yet?

Dave

5. plasson

plasson

Mar 21, 2005
    Well... I figured out that Auto Qs are not for me... I'm going to bring it back to the dealer (who, luckily, loves me).
    My research in filters goes on... will I find one that satisfies me one day?
    I just want a funky filter reactive to my touch... and with a LEVEL control... is there anyone out there?