Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MXR M-80 or Sansamp BDDI?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MrFortuneCookie, Jan 6, 2002.

1. Which one of these do you think is better? Which would you rather have? One of the reasons i want one of these is because at least currently, since i play through a Crap Hartke Combo that doesn't even have a direct out, i need something to run to the PA for the time being, like for a show that is coming up in the near future. So if i'm gonna get one, it might as well be the better of them.

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    SansAmp for me...

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I have a SABDDI, and it's a great tool. After reading the BP review on the M-80, it seems like a quality unit with more versatility than the SABDDI. I'd have to play with one for a while before I'd know which is better, but I like the simplicity of the SABDDI. The M-80 has the one thing I miss on the SABDDI, though ... a mid control. But the M-80's mid control is not semi-parametric, so it ain't the bee's knees yet. Besides, my SansAmp Acoustic DI has a semi-parametric mid control, but no drive. That's OK by me, because I don't like the cruddy sound of an overdriven bass amp, anyway.