1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MXR M-80, Post your Fav settings

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jtc_hunter, Mar 20, 2009.

1. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    In the past I only used my M80 as an "amp" at practice , so I wouldnt have to transport a real amp. Works great plugged direct into a mixer channel. But recently, I used it inline w/ my signature rig, and I must say, it really was an improvement. With my GK mostly set flat, here are my M80 settings:
    Clean Volume: 12:00
    Volume: 12:00
    Dist. Blend: 7:00 (or off)
    Trigger 1:00
    Gain :12:00
    Color: engaged
    Gate: engaged
    Bass:11:00
    Mid: 1:30
    Treble: 1:30
    Distortion:oops:ff
    Effect:ON

These settings gave me rich , strong lows, very present mids, and sparkling highs, thru my passive Fender Jazz. It also seemed to compress my signal a bit, which sounded better and punchier.
    Please post your fav. settings for the M80 and why. A great piece of equip. Best backup amp for the $ and it will fit in your case.

2. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    I temd to leave mine flat and just boost what's needed depending on what the gound guy wants and which bass I use. The P bass sounds good as it is, and the fretless Jazz just needs a little boost in general.

The color button I don't like, too much scoop on the clean channel but it does help keeps the lows on the distortion.

The distortion is OK, I've heard worse. I run the blend at about 11:00 and the gain between 8:00 for a light gain sound to 2:00 for fuzz.

3. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I never leave home without the M80. Always used my on gigs etc.

Sometimes used it on its own or put it on the last chain of my effects.

My settings where pretty much same as yours but i leave everything flat and boost mid only depend on what bass I am on. I hardly use the distortion channel but even if i do use i tend to crack the gain on and blend on around 7-8.00 position.

4. Fetzu

Fetzu

Sep 6, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    I usually will use it with the color button on, bass at 11:30, mid anywhere from 2:00 to 5:00, and treble at 11:00.
    The distortion channel I like to keep light, blend around 10:00-11:00, and gain around 8:00 to 11:00. I usually bump the bass up to about 1:00 though.