MXR M-80 Sound Clips...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BrentSimons, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Hey Guys,
    I would love to hear some sound clips of this pedal. With
    the pedal clean, slightly overdriven and fully distorted. I have a BAss Pod XT Live but I'm thinking of a more simple set up.Less menu flipping.Take Care,
  2. BassIsFun17

BassIsFun17 Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2006
    i dont have any sound clips but i must say that this pedal has some nice crunchy distortion on it.

I never have really tried using it as an overdrive though,
    maybe ill try that

but there is a preamp on it that i can keep on at all times.
    the preamp is really what has my tone, well that, and my boss geb-7.

but anyway, its a great pedal and i love it and i dont think you can go wrong with it.
  3. Thanks for the advice! I still hope someone will post some clips though. It seem like quite a few people on here use it.
  4. Helstar

Nov 26, 2005
    I thkn the web site has some , I used on our last cd but I used oit clean and jild yo can go to my site and listen to teh songs, but I t can go pretty intense, I love teh pedal
  5. I think you need to get some sleep and lay off the coffee.:D :D
  6. Sooo,
    Does anyone have any?
  7. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    Like you I was looking for some but couldn't find any. In the end I bit the bullet and bought one. You won't be disappointed.
  8. Here's a sample of the M-80. I didn't record this, a friend of mine did.
    It's a Fender Jazz with two pickups full on, straight to the computer (via the XLR). The sound you hear is the distortion channel with very little gain. I don't care about the higher gain sounds on the M-80; they sound fizzy.

Click here for a M-80 sample!
  9. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I might be able to post a clip I did a while ago tonight, if you are still interested
  10. Yeah the more the better! Thanks Guys,
  11. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    That OD-sound is authorative, in a sinister, menacing kind of way.

It was also interesting to hear the line with a metronome reference - it gives a 'context' in which to feel how much the bass line is driving the beat - I mean pushing the groove..

(What are the conventions for discussing that kind of thing? 'drive and drag'? 'push or lay-back'?)

12. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    What are your settings on that clip?I've never heard the M-80 sound like that, sounds great......
  13. Reread. I didn't record it. Don't know about the settings, only that the gain was set really low.
  14. Micolao

Sep 7, 2005

Doesn't work...:meh:
  15. +1.:meh:
  16. My server is temporarily down. Check back tomorrow or something.
  17. The file should be up and running again.
  18. Micolao

Sep 7, 2005

does anyone have some other clips?
    also clips of the colour button, i'm interested in hering which is the preset sound.