Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MXR M-80 Sound Clips...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BrentSimons, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Hey Guys,
    I would love to hear some sound clips of this pedal. With
    the pedal clean, slightly overdriven and fully distorted. I have a BAss Pod XT Live but I'm thinking of a more simple set up.Less menu flipping.Take Care,
    B:meh:

2. BassIsFun17

BassIsFun17 Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Atlanta
    Sorry,
    i dont have any sound clips but i must say that this pedal has some nice crunchy distortion on it.

I never have really tried using it as an overdrive though,
    maybe ill try that

but there is a preamp on it that i can keep on at all times.
    the preamp is really what has my tone, well that, and my boss geb-7.

but anyway, its a great pedal and i love it and i dont think you can go wrong with it.

3. Thanks for the advice! I still hope someone will post some clips though. It seem like quite a few people on here use it.
    B

4. Helstar

Helstar

Nov 26, 2005
    I thkn the web site has some , I used on our last cd but I used oit clean and jild yo can go to my site and listen to teh songs, but I t can go pretty intense, I love teh pedal

5. I think you need to get some sleep and lay off the coffee.:D :D

6. Sooo,
    Does anyone have any?

7. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    Like you I was looking for some but couldn't find any. In the end I bit the bullet and bought one. You won't be disappointed.

8. Here's a sample of the M-80. I didn't record this, a friend of mine did.
    It's a Fender Jazz with two pickups full on, straight to the computer (via the XLR). The sound you hear is the distortion channel with very little gain. I don't care about the higher gain sounds on the M-80; they sound fizzy.

Click here for a M-80 sample!

9. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I might be able to post a clip I did a while ago tonight, if you are still interested

10. Yeah the more the better! Thanks Guys,
    Brent

11. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    That OD-sound is authorative, in a sinister, menacing kind of way.

It was also interesting to hear the line with a metronome reference - it gives a 'context' in which to feel how much the bass line is driving the beat - I mean pushing the groove..

(What are the conventions for discussing that kind of thing? 'drive and drag'? 'push or lay-back'?)

Joe

12. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    What are your settings on that clip?I've never heard the M-80 sound like that, sounds great......

13. Reread. I didn't record it. Don't know about the settings, only that the gain was set really low.

14. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy

Doesn't work...:meh:

15. +1.:meh:

16. My server is temporarily down. Check back tomorrow or something.

17. The file should be up and running again.

18. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    Thanks;)

does anyone have some other clips?
    also clips of the colour button, i'm interested in hering which is the preset sound.