1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MXR M-80 Soundclips?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BrentSimons, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Hey Guys,
    I hope this post gets more interest. Do any of you have any soundclips with MXR M-80 DI? I would love to hear both clean and with the distortion channel. Thanks,
    B

2. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    me too! I am jonseing to buy one but have never heard one. I recently bought a BDDI after reading about the hype forever and I gotta say, it wasn't for me. Sucked all the sweet mids out of my Jazz bass and no amount of tweaking could make it sound as good as the bass did with the sans amp turned off.

Maybe I'm just not getting it, but after a few days I took it back to the store. I really want a nice di type preamp box but want to preserve the nataural sweet mids. Hope the M80 is the answer!

Crabby

3. I don't have any webspace at the mo, but I can PM some to you once I record them. Might be useful to some as an archive cuz there aren't many samples of the distortion channel around. If your interested?

4. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Sign up at www.PutFile.com . The only restrictions are file size (which is huge IMO), and that if there are no views on a file for 6 months, it gets deleted (IMO 6 months is also huge!).

The real plus: ITS FREE!!!!

5. Awesome just got an account, I always had trouble with putfile.de so I was put off, but hurrah and the like, free hosting!! I like free stuff.

File is 1.5Mb I think. Noise here

0:00 - 0:30 - Effect + teeny tiny dirt
    0:31 - 0:50 - Effect (clean)
    0:54 - 1:08 - Really horrible distorted tones that I hate and I couldn't get anything other than this sound from the unit when I first got it and I was guna sell it and get a Sansamp, but then I found the following sound.
    1:09 - END - Mmmm, crunchy and nice and growly and nice.:smug:

Keeping settings to myself, cuz it took me ages to find the sound that I wanted from this box, but the colour button is always pressed, adds extra bass.
    When I'm not using the distortion channel as a distortion I use it as a boost for my passive bass.
    Apologies for the shanty playing did it quickly and i'm suffering from lack of sleep.

Hope that helps.

6. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles

7. shaggysivirus

shaggysivirus

Feb 19, 2006
    +1

sharing information, especially settings, is always good. I'm always open to new things to dial in and try. Remember that although "your" tone is awesome to you, it may not be to the taste of other people, so why not share your settings so others with the same box can experiment :)

8. Think I was a little hasty in writing that part of the post, espescially when I had so much trouble finding samples of the distortion channel. So yes t'was silly of me to write that. :bag: Think it was the lack of sleep talking. :meh:
    I'm going to post the samples with settings in the sound sample thread, at the weekend or when I get chance.

9. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles

And that ladies and gentlemen is why bassists are special
    and wonderful people!

10. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    were these samples and settings ever posted on the sound samples thread?

11. Not yet.
    I should get to do it this weekend/next week but looking for a new job and some unfortunate events have taken priority at the mo.

Sorry guys.

12. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    Thanks, please don't put yourself out.

13. Clip and settings have been posted in the sample thread.

Link

14. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
  15. sinophysiker

sinophysiker

Feb 7, 2006
    Shanghai
    nice clips, now I'm considering buying one.