1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MXR M-80?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SGT. Pepper, Feb 23, 2006.

1. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    Who here has an MXR M-80 and how is it?

2. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    I have and it's great. Much of what I do involves going straight into the PA with little or no need for an amp so this is perfect. Also, my old Trace Elliot has no XLR out so I need a good DI.

3. This little box is at the end of my effect-chain and it is always on. The colour-button gives me the perfect EQ-setting. When I switch it off, I am always dissappointed how thin my bass (Basscollection) sounds through my Yamaha 1*15" amp. There are the normal EQ-controls (low, mid , high) but I keep all of those at 12 o'clock.
    On the other hand, I have never managed to get any decent distortion from it. I own it for about a year now. Good thing is that the dissortion has a blend-button and a separate volume-control. So, I turn the blend completely off, in this way I only get dry signal and I set the volume slightely higher than normal. So I can use the 'dissortion' as a volume-boost.

Conclusion, I like it a lot, although I only use half of it.