Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MXR M-88 Bass Octave pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CrawlingEye, Mar 24, 2001.

1. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Hey people... I was wondering if anyone could tell me how they like this octave pedal?

And if it's a good pedal, and you bought it before you realized you didn't like octave pedals, then I may be able to make you a nice offer on it.

I only have my zoom 506 to get octaves out of, and that thing's so huge and annoying to get different sounds out of. I was wondering if anyone has one of these and would possibly like to trade for one of my pedals? (zoom 506 and boss od3 overdrive)

2. you might wanna look into a Danelectro chilidog octave....I made some comments on another thread about it so I just gonna tell ya is a pretty good pedal and it's cheap$35.-$40 U.S....if you decide you dont like an octave effect you will not be out a lot of cash and I don't think you'll have to sell yer zoom.the EBS is a very good pedal but quite expensive for a one trick pony(cost more than your zoom....I think???)as far as MXR I have not tried one so I can't say..look at other "MXR octave thread" some other info may be of some help to you

3. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Nope, I'm aware of what an octave pedal sounds like. I have one inside my zoom, but it's very annoying to use.

4. Damn CrawlingEye!

If you would have caught me like a week ago,I would have worked a trade.I bought the MXR-88 Bass Octive a few weeks ago at the greentag sale at GC.

First I was gonna return in but then I started liking it.It`s a well made fx and I am finding more and more uses for it.My amp has a built in bass octive but it is really wimpy compared to the mxr.

Not saying it is the best but I got it for half off(67.00)and like it!

Best of luck!

5. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania

ahhh!!
    See, I "could" use my zoom 506 for the octave, but it's not a very good octave, and it's annoying to change the tones with... You have to set certain tones... Not very user friendly...

I don't use my zoom 506 for nearly anything. I really need to just get a chorus and an octave pedal.

I have an overdrive, but I don't use it at all, the only time I use it is to just get the "tube" effect and make my signal fatter... And that's a rare occasion that I do that.