1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MXR M195 Noise Clamp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 2400, May 29, 2011.

1. 2400

Sep 4, 2009
    Antwerp, Belgium
    This pedal's just been released. It's mainly a noise gate (which I don't have immediate use for) with an effects loop so it can gate the whole chain from the outside, and a switch to turn the gating on or off.
    Link to the pedal: Dunlop Manufacturing :: Electronics :: MXR :: Noise Clamp
    Now, if I read the pdf manual correctly, there's supposed to be a toggle switch inside the housing that makes the stomp switch bypass the signal in the loop — in practice turning it into an effects loop pedal with added noise gating when the loop is engaged!

Thing is: am I correct in this assumption? I've only my deduction from that internal switch's functionality, since there are no reviews as of yet.

Anyone got any experiences with this pedal? I could sure use an effects loop, and the noise gate's a great bonus feature. :)

2. 2400

Sep 4, 2009
    Antwerp, Belgium
  3. pitchwest

pitchwest

Jul 27, 2011
    The bypass makes the pedal a gate plus mute pedal. If the gate is on, it operates like a gate/suppression, but turn it off and it mutes all your other pedals. Not bad if it muted everything... not that I would want another mute... if I did I'd get the Boss, even though they're un-ergonomic and have two knobs that should be one -since you have to ratio them any way.