1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MXR M84 as a clean boost ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by the low one, Feb 2, 2017.

1. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    Will the MXR M84 bass fuzz deluxe work as a clean boost with the wet set to zero? I currently use the MXR micro amp as a clean boost but if the M84 is totally clean with the wet turned off then I can trim the setup a bit :)

2. waveman

waveman

Sep 25, 2008
    Sounds logical to me. I would think you could do that. At worst, you could leave it on at a slightly lower than unity and turn it off resulting in a boost too.

3. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    I have had this fuzz. Its biggest minus is a small headroom. That is why it is no more in my board. Its tone was not so bad.

4. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    Hmm... So only a small boost then ?

5. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    MXR's idea of Dry and Wet separated - really great. IMO, MXR Bass Distortion has it on its best. A kind of clean boost + distortion.

zoonose likes this.
  6. HiEnd Basses

HiEnd Basses

Mar 4, 2016
    Seems like a waste of a fuzz circuit.

zoonose likes this.
  7. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    Ha ha, well if that was all I would use it for then I would agree. Would use the fuzz too.

HiEnd Basses likes this.
  8. Woony90

Woony90

Feb 6, 2017
    Yes it would work as clean boost if you keep wet at 0%.