1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD MXR M85 Bass Distortion (Now with sound sample)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by Manny Bernardez, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Manny Bernardez

Manny Bernardez Supporting Member

May 30, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    Price:
    $90
    United States
    Selling my MXR M85 Bass Distortion. Light wear, works perfectly. This pedal was designed in collaboration with Ryan Ratajski from Fuzzrocious.
    I liked this pedal so much I went and got a Rat King from the man himself and now this guy isn't seeing much playtime.

Pedal is in pretty good shape almost mint. I had it in my pedal board so there's some light paint scratches, and has a little leftover adhesive from the double loop velcro. Which can be taken off with a little alcohol and a little elbow grease.
    Comes in original packaging and all paperwork.

Price is $90 with shipping included within the continental US only.
    PayPay Preferred.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    Riff Ranger and yobtaf like this.
  2. yobtaf

yobtaf

Nov 29, 2012
    SoCal
    Where in California are you?

3. Manny Bernardez

May 30, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    Marina del Rey... You?

yobtaf likes this.
  4. Manny Bernardez

May 30, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    Wanted to give you guys a flavor of how this pedal sounds in case you've been on the fence about it.

So on this tone test I start with the bass clean (Rickenbacker 4003S), then I add a little grind with the M85, and then it goes into a more fuzzed out grindy tone with the clipping diode set to Silicon, and finally same fuzzed out grindy setting but with the clipping set to LED. And this is still not pushing the pedal to all it's gain. But I dialed tones I digged and would use with it. It can also get some pretty nice Doom-esque dark tones if I set it to the Rick's neck pickup and adjust the tone on the pedal.

NOTE: I recorded this through my HX Stop using their Ampeg SVT+B-15 emulations with some custom IR's.

Attached Files:

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021