Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MXR MicroAmp Like New in Box!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Strings and Accessories' started by Slater, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I'm selling my MXR MicroAmp that I've had for a little over a Month. It's like new, and will come in the original box with all of the manuals etc. (see pic). I used it on a couple of gigs, but left it on all of the time (with a passive bass), so the switch has probably been clicked less than 10 times. It works just fine, but I found I would like a boost pedal that provides some tonal shaping as well. This pedal puts out what you put in, only louder.

The price is $55 shipped firm (in ConUS).

I'll accept payment via PayPal or a USPS Money Order.

The best way to contact me is probably with a TalkBass Private Message.

Thanks for your interest! :)

2. Slater

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    All PMs replied to. Still available...

3. Slater

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
  4. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    it's true bypass isn't it Slater?

And one more....when the gain/knob is at it's lowest setting (almost off)...does the tone sound distorted or grinding at all?

Reason I ask...I've used a Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster, works the same as the Micro but when it's clicked on, at it's lowest setting, it still sounds like it puts a little "dirt" into the tone as opposed to simply boosting the clean signal.

5. Slater

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    The pedal in not true bypass. However, I didn't notice any change in tone or signal loss with the pedal in the off position. The Micro Amp and my Boss tuner were the only pedals I had in my signal path, and when I was on a gig with my passive P-Bass, I had the Micro Amp on all the time.

Also, IME with the Micro Amp, the pedal provided a clean, tonally unchanged boost no matter where the level knob was set. The Micro Amp will overdrive your amplifier's preamp if the level is cranked.

I've had a little experience with the SD pickup booster, and it seems that it was designed to "fatten-up" single-coil pickups, rather than just provide a clean boost. That may be why it put a little "dirt" into your tone at lower levels...

Thanks for your interest, and the pedal is still available...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.