MXR Mini Chorus or MXR Chorus Deluxe

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassie82, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Bassie82

Bassie82

Jun 10, 2016
    Hello everyone,

I want to use an chorus pedal in my chain to dial in just a tiny bit of chorus to make me sit better in the mix.

I really like MXR pedals and I am considering both the MXR Mini Chorus and the MXR Chorus Deluxe.

The Deluxe pedal is twice as expensive as the Mini. If I dial in the Mini at around 7 or 8 o clock will the effect be subtle or already quite present?

I know these are subjective terms but I am curious as to your opinions.

I dont want to pay too much for a pedal of which I will only be using for a teeny bit of chorus.

I've read a very brief review of the Mini pedal and someone said that if your looking for subtle chorus the Mini isnt the one.

Thank you very much in advance!

2. mam1862

mam1862 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Richfield, Ohio
    The Deluxe is a very good pedal as are all of the MXR bass pedals but if you just want a touch of chorus another option might be a TC Corona Mini.

Bassie82 and blindrabbit like this.
  3. The TC Corona would be my suggestion for this purpose as well.

Bassie82 likes this.
  4. Bassie82

Bassie82

Jun 10, 2016
    Gee thanks a lot the both of you! I've looked up the TC Corona Mini Chorus and it comes across like a neat little pedal.

Its only 89 Euro in a webshop I buy from on a regular basis and I've hear several sounds samples online and it sounds exactly like the kind of chorus I am looking for.

Thanks again!

blindrabbit likes this.
  5. mam1862

mam1862 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Richfield, Ohio
    Keep in mind that with the TC you have the Toneprint so you have multiple chorus sound to pick from or you can make your own up with the editior app. It's a cool little pedal.

Bassie82 and blindrabbit like this.
  6. Bassie82

Bassie82

Jun 10, 2016
    Yeah I've come across that feature on YouTube. I think its pretty next level :)

They give you a lot for the money

blindrabbit likes this.
  7. If you plan to stick with MXR pedals, of the ones you mention the BCD is better, IMO. I've had both (and the big yellow Stereo Chorus, my personal favorite) and if your looking to sit better in the mix with that effect, the flanger option might help out. I found the chorus effect a little too subtle for my taste, but the pedal is typical MXR: sounds great, well made, reliable. The mini chorus unit I had was graced with a big volume spike, so I didn't keep it long.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    Bassie82 likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022