1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MXR pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bjazzman, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    Are they true bypass? Im looking at maybe getting the mxr blue box and bass octave. I need an octave to go before my fuzz factory and the mxr bass octave is a condender. Any other choices you suggest? I haven't tried out the boss oc-2 but i'd like to try it

2. GeezerFleaWoote

GeezerFleaWoote

Dec 31, 2006
    i heard from my effect-junkie friend that they are indeed true- bypass

3. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    I dont think MXR pedals are true bypass but they are fairly easy to modify as opposed to Boss pedals which are very difficult to make true bypass if not impossible.

I have a Phase90 and Microamp which both have been modded to be true bypass and they are really great pedals.

4. fishtx

fishtx

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    I don't think they are either

5. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    how do you "mod" them to make them true bypass?

6. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    As far as I know, its simply a matter of replacing the footswitch with a true bypass switch. Simple if you can use a soldering gun and have a wiring diagram.

I havn't done this myself as I suck at soldering. But I have noticed that the MXR pedals tend to commonly have this mod done. I bought both of mine used and they both had been modded.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 24, 2021