1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MXR Reverb

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mapleglo, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    16jlb7q.

OK, this thing is amazing. We don't need no stinking rhythm guitarists.

Just my Fenderbacker bass, into the MXR Reverb, directly into the PreSonus Audiobox USB.

Yeah, it does regular reverb too, like 5 different kinds.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Oh man, I have to have that!

mapleglo likes this.
  3. irbass

irbass

Jun 16, 2011
    Charlotte - NC
    image.

mapleglo likes this.
  4. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Was that on Pad or Mod? sounded really cool!

mapleglo likes this.
  5. irbass

irbass

Jun 16, 2011
    Charlotte - NC
    Pad. I'm in love with this pedal.
    I got it to try it but, as a bass player I've never thought a reverb could get my attention.
    The Bad is I have a EBS dynaverb like new and now I'll need to sell it and lose some money. The good is I got the MXR with 15% discount.

mapleglo likes this.
  6. mapleglo

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    Right, Pad. I never thought to use reverb on bass either. I actually got the pedal for guitar, so I could use my guitars through my bass amps. No reverb on those, of course. But when I started playing the bass through the reverb, the Pad setting especially, I was pretty impressed.

irbass likes this.
  7. BPhillips

BPhillips Ayatollah of Rock 'N' Rolla

Oct 12, 2015
    Savannah, GA
    Oh man! I want this so bad. Between this thread and the YouTube demos, I'm sold. The pad sounds so freaking good.

8. mapleglo

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    Having played around with this for a couple of months, I find the pad setting actually works better with bass than guitar, at least in the way I play each instrument. It really adds what amounts to another instrument to the mix. Really fills out the sound. This would be perfect for a bass solo. People may even stay awake :p

Here it is on my new board:

2gxr236.

Jonny5bass and BPhillips like this.
  9. BPhillips

BPhillips Ayatollah of Rock 'N' Rolla

Oct 12, 2015
    Savannah, GA
    Just got mine. So cool. Now I have to start working on some intros to our songs. Pad setting is amazing. Going to be great at Church. Not sure how to work it in with my classic rock cover band. Maybe when we play Home Sweet Home or some other crap like that for the slow dancers.

mapleglo likes this.
  10. chumbo73

chumbo73

Nov 8, 2012
    Does it work with a multi power supply or only with the one that comes in the box?

11. mapleglo

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    It'll work with any power supply. When I daisy chained it along with the analog pedals, I did get that digital whine, but an isolated supply should be fine.