1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mxr/sansamp/darkglassb7k info

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Lavelle, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Lavelle

Lavelle

Jul 18, 2012
    I'm currently using the old sans amp bass driver pedal. Thinking about switching to mxr di + or the dark glass b7k. Anyone have real world live experience with these?

2. The MXR DI dirt cuts through very well in a band setting but you probably won't like it when playing by yourself/having a solo.

3. I tried the MXR DI+ a while back and I much prefer the SansAmp. I've had the SansAmp for ages it even did a US tour with a friend. It sounds better than the MXR IMO. I don't know how reliable the MXR is but the SansAmp is one of the most reliable pedals I own (second only to the TU-2).

I've never heard of the Dark Glass B7K before, but I have been away from the forums for a long while now.

Also check out the Aguilar Tone Hammer Pre/DI. It does a similar job to both the MXR and SansAmp and I really like mine.

4. BassMonstrum

BassMonstrum

Mar 7, 2008
    I retired my Sansamp BDDI after I acquired a B7K.

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I use the MXR. It's a pretty straightforward DI pedal, and adds very little of it's own flavor. That's what I want, as I use other pedals for flavoring. The Sansamp will have an Ampeg flavor built-in. So, depends on what you're looking for.

6. The Darkglass go "NOMNOMNOM" to those other pedals.

7. Lavelle

Lavelle

Jul 18, 2012
    Thanks for the replies, I'll deff hit up darkglass again for that b7k hopefully shipping doesn't take a million

8. tech21nyc

tech21nyc Commercial User

Aug 17, 2010
    Manufacturer: Tech 21
    Both our Bass Driver and Para Driver DI's can be used as uncolored DI's by simply turning the blend control counterclockwise. This disables the SansAmp circuit from the pedal. With the EQ's at their null points, the pedals will be transparent DI's with the ability to add some tonal shaping as well.

9. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Always overcompensating Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    SoCal
    You could just get it from one of their dealers.