Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My 1rst e-bay score, what do ya think?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fletch, May 23, 2005.

1. Sure I've surfed the site but never bought a thing. I was actually looking for a jazz neck for a project I'm toying with and stumbled onto this. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7323547234&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6 I've never played one of these but have always liked U.S Peaveys and thought I'd give this one a shot. $200 for an active U.S made bass with a nice PV case seems like a steal to me. Anyone ever play one of these?

2. ABSOLUELY AWEFUL!!!! YOU GOT JIPPED!!!! :D

JK, awesome. I played that bass once (that THAT bass, the same model bass) and I liked it. nice tone. Enjoy it man! Congrats!

3. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Man I really like the color. Checked out a few review sites and the bass is well regarded. Nice score!! :)

4. I kind of like the color too. Kind of uncommon, I like that.

5. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    The 5 string version of that bass was my first bass. If yours is anything like mine was you won't be dissapointed. The neck is quite thin and they tend be very light. Those monster bar-magnet humbuckers sound sweet too. I never had any trouble with the one I had. If they are going for that kind of price, I may have to pick one up.

6. I think it's hard to beat at that price.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    With the case, active electronics and that color, you can't beat it with a stick. Well, maybe you could, but then it's a waste of $200.