1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My 1st Fender P bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nick Yordon, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Nick Yordon

Nick Yordon Banned

Jan 21, 2015
    I'm a fender guy ( squier included ) and I've bought squiers for years because they are for one GREAT, 2 AFFORDABLE. But I got a good paying job and bought my 1st Fender and its a standard p bass.I AM STOKED and this bass ABSOLUTELY ROCKS! couldn't be happier. Already customized it.

gsgbass, Klonk, Michael4bass and 11 others like this.
  2. 1960jbass

1960jbass

Mar 28, 2013
    Berwick, PA
    You know the Talkbass rules....No pictures, no bass!!

3. Welcome to TB - there's a lot of great info here through the various forums, and you're about to learn about G.A.S.

One of the unwritten rules here in the Basses Forum is "no pic - no bass"

Aqualung60, SunnBass and bungletrpg like this.
  4. Yes I have a new P-bass too. I also just bought a new Ferrari, Lambo and Bugatti Veyron but since I have no photos of course they don't really exist! :laugh:

fender68 likes this.
  5. Sean775

Sean775

Mar 19, 2015
    New Jersey, USA
    American Standard or Mexican?

6. GretschWretch

GretschWretch Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2013
    East Central Alabama
    How can the "rule" be unwritten when the second and third posters in this thread wrote it in?

Goatrope likes this.
  7. taylor16

taylor16

Dec 25, 2012
    USA
    Congrats! The first of many, I'm sure. Even with such a simple set-up compared to many others, each P of mine has its own personality & playability.

8. Yeah, his story sounds good. But it's probably just a big fat lie. It never happened. Unless there are some pictures to prove it....

9. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Pittsburgh PA USA
    Congrats Sir!

He is too busy playing his new toy to take photos, it is understandable.

Laurie Bass, Tad and Oddly like this.
  10. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    + on the photo request: I've heard a lot about these Precision basses and I'm dying to see what one actually looks like.

JiJ, Real Soon, Solarmist and 3 others like this.
  11. Nick Yordon

Nick Yordon Banned

Jan 21, 2015
    I'll end a pic ASAP

12. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Fender Standard is commonly referred to as MIM, this would be a Mexican P Bass.

What did you mod on it already?

13. SteveV74

SteveV74 Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    Should I get a P-bass?

14. Pocket4

Pocket4 Supporting Member

Dec 9, 2013
    New Hampshire
    You should get a P bass. It is written.

Short-scale likes this.
  15. organworthyplayer337

organworthyplayer337 Professional Hack

Oct 28, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    If you want one

16. Gasman

Gasman Gold Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2007
    South Carolina
    I was the same. Had Squier, got a better job and got my first Fender. I've now owned over a dozen Fenders, along with many other brands, and can say, without a doubt, you've made a great choice.

Post pics!!

17. Yeah get a Fender Precision! Might not sound " all that" in your bedroom but should (bearing in mind amp used and other factors..;)) be appreciated within a band mix.

Marc

bassrich likes this.
  18. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    I bought my first Fender...FSR Jazz bass two months ago and I just bought a LPB Precision last week.
    Both MIM.
    Both PLH.

19. JamasC

JamasC

Sep 2, 2014
    Nashville
    Congrats... I just got my first fender p a little over a month ago and I love it more everyday. but alas... Pics or it didn't happen (or so I was told )

20. jbalou02

jbalou02

Mar 8, 2010
    Ok it's been 22 hours and 28 minutes and no pics. Honestly you are going to go blind if you don't take a break. Wipe it off before you snap it.