My 1st Real rig Tell me what you think

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Oldie but noobe, Mar 29, 2005.

1. I have an GK 800RB and a customized Avatar B210 cab. Here is the sales pitch in the ebay description.

"The reviewers said if the B210 lacks anywhere, it’s in the ultra-low range. So, instead of the stock Delta 10's (that have a useable frequency range of 65Hz to 3.5kHz and Xmax i.e. extended cone travel, of 1.6mm), I loaded the cab with two Eminence Legend BP102's (that have a useable frequency response of 40Hz to 3.5kHz and an Xmax of 6.2 mm, nearly four times the Xmax of the Delta 10's). The result is an award winning cab that has a much bigger, fatter and tighter bottom end, and a cab that goes ultra-low"

These speakers are 4OHM and are rated @ 200 watts each 400 total.

Well it sounded good to me. I have no experiance with what is a good sound, so I am winging it here. Let me know if it makes sense. It sounds good to me. I am waiting to get one of my Bassist buddies to come over for a review.

I have an SR5 for my Bass. I am sold on it.

I will be learning 60s-70s R&B/Funk and Jazz/Blues

What do you think? Let it fly :bag: :D
  2. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    I doubt the cab is tuned for those drivers.

I doubt it will go down to 40Hz, but it may go lower than the standard drivers (then again, it may not). However, the extended X-Max won't hurt.

It probably has a range of ~50Hz - 3.5kHz

I'll run it up on WinISD a little later for you.

Can't go wrong with that GK head, though.
  3. Cool Thanks
  4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Those BP102's aren't too bad. When I blew out the speakers in my 4x10 back in November, I bought 4 of them on eBay for 150$...they sound decent as replacements. Yer rig should work pretty well for ya. I would add one of Dave's SB112's next. ;)
  5. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Actually, upon running WinISD, that driver wasn't in their database.

Sorry. Maybe someone else has a program that has the sepcs for the BP102.

You may want to try PM'ing burdizzos over at the HCBF. He has designed a few cabs himself and owns the Eminance Designer program.
  6. "HCBF" I don't know that one. Would you give me the full name or link.
  7. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    the gk should be your pal.

FWIW, avatar doesnt exactly match their drivers to the cabs to the letter anyway. i don't think that the combination of the different drivers and the cab will souond terrible. it may sound just great. specs are great, but often incomplete. before you get too worried, if its already a done deal, listen with your ears to the cab.

if it's really bad, i'm sure dave at avatar will help you out in getting the right speakers for it.
  8. "HCBF" = Harmony Central Bass Forum. Many Talkbasser's hit Harmony Central's forum as well. (We're called TB-ers) then search for the forums section.

9. Thanks I'll check it out :)

10. I just found out that the seller got the cab from Dave.
    The seller asked Dave for an alternate speaker recomendation . These are what Dave recomended. So I guess they will be fine. It sounds great I was just checking what y'all thought.

Thanks to all :)