Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My 2 new DVDs.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I ordered Average White Band live in 77 and 311's New Orleans concert. I HIGHLY suggest that you get these! I'm watching the 311 one now. Very cool stuff! :bassist:

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Damn, AWB DVD from '77 has been out there since Sept 2005?! Totally missed that...thanks, Woods.
    Just ordered it from B&N(they're pretty quick in getting the stuff to me). ;)
    BTW, pass on the other AWB DVD that's already been out(from 2001, called Tonight: In Concert).
    Gorrie, McIntyre, & Ball with 3 new guys.

I've had the 311 DVD for awhile...a very long concert, good stuff, too.

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I'm already a victim! Sux!

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Just arrioved today & am busy checking out AWB Live In Montreux '77...pretty damn bad(a Go-zillion times better than the AWB 2001 DVD).
    Sammy Figueroa is AWB's '7th member' at Montreux; he kicks ass & really propels the band(possibly the best player on the stage on that night).
    Truthfully, I was a bit underwhelmed with Ferrone's solo spot on "Cut The Cake".

Another happenin' Live At Monteux DVD is the Mingus band of '75(Walrath, Pullen, Richmond, Adams)...SEEING how Pullen pulls off those piano things he does is trey cool.