Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My 2005 Thumb 4 NT...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RedVampyre, Apr 13, 2005.

1. RedVampyre

RedVampyre

Jan 10, 2005
    Alabama, USA
    I finally got it! It has the brass Just-A-Nut I on it. The guys at Warwick/Dana B Goods rock! A big thank you goes to Rob Busch and Dale Titus!

[​IMG]

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Welcome to the Thumb Club.

3. Congratulations! There's a nice Thumb neck-through at a store near me. It plays and sounds great but it's pricey. For the same or less money I could have a custom-built bass, like by this Nordstrand fellow I've been hearing about.

I love the Warwick growl though. I may have to break down some day and get one.

4. useless

useless Guest

Mar 11, 2004
    Fresno!
    she's a beaut!

is that an ebony or wenge F.B.? gotta love the bubinga :)

5. RedVampyre

RedVampyre

Jan 10, 2005
    Alabama, USA
    Thanks! ;)

6. RedVampyre

RedVampyre

Jan 10, 2005
    Alabama, USA
    You could have a custom bass built, but no other bass sounds and looks like a Thumb. :)

7. RedVampyre

RedVampyre

Jan 10, 2005
    Alabama, USA
    Thanks! Bubinga is awesome...

That's an ebony fretboard.

8. RedVampyre

RedVampyre

Jan 10, 2005
    Alabama, USA
    You have one of the best looking Thumbs around... I know because I have all of your pictures in my bass picture folder. :)

I will take good care of it. I take good care of everything I own. ;)

Thanks! :p

9. That is a beautiful bass. Just when I thought I had overcome GAS, something like that gets shown.

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  11. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    That's a pretty sight!

12. RedVampyre

RedVampyre

Jan 10, 2005
    Alabama, USA
    Thanks! You have a beautiful 55-02 Deluxe!

Heh! I know all about GAS... you just have to either learn to tame it or take care of it... Every time I think I've tamed it something else I "really need" comes along... :p

13. RedVampyre

RedVampyre

Jan 10, 2005
    Alabama, USA
    Thank you, sir! :)

14. RedVampyre

RedVampyre

Jan 10, 2005
    Alabama, USA
    Thank you Daywalker! I need a Streamer Stage II 5 like yours to complete my wish list... Oh wait... a DoubleBuck would be nice too... I wouldn't mind having one of each model Warwick makes... :smug:

15. Nice bass, luuuuuuurvly grain.

16. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I finally got my hands on a Thumb NT, and it had similar figuring to yours. Now, it wasn't quite as electrifyingly beautiful, but it was still pretty swank ;).

17. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    How does your Vampire compare in sound? I need a Vamp to complete my collection...

18. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    *in best Homer voice* mmmm....Warwick Thumb *open-mouthed Homer noises* I had a chance to try a Thumb 5 in a store (one of the newer ones with ovangkol neck and Wilferite nut) and I liked it very much. Normally, I didn't quite get on with the Thumb aesthetically, but once that compact, concave-carved body nestled against mine, I thought the shape was great.

While it is true that for the price of a Warwick one can get a killer custom bass from the likes of Carey Nordstrand, Matt Pulcinella, Chris Stambaugh, and many others, sometimes the lust for a particular brand is so high that logic doesn't even matter. I've been lusting after Warwick basses since I was 16 (I'm pushing 27 now) and while my GAS goes back and forth, it always seems to come back to Warwick, even though I'm fully aware that I can get more, better, and even custom basses for a Warwick's price of admission....but it'll never be a Warwick.

I mean, my dad has this extreme lust for Jaguar cars. No matter how much you may tell him that he can get more and better car for equal or lesser coin, it just ain't a Jag. He could have the clinically greatest car in the world on paper, but it still ain't no Jag.

19. RedVampyre

RedVampyre

Jan 10, 2005
    Alabama, USA
    My Vampyre LTD has more of a fat midrange rather than the low-mid growl of the Thumb. Both sound awesome. I'm going to need more time to really compare the two. All I can say is you definitely need a Vampyre!