1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My 2010 Wal Mach II with tons of hi-res pics!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BlackElan, Mar 14, 2010.

1. BlackElan

BlackElan

Feb 26, 2009
    The pics came out so good I wanted to start another thread with a much better non sarcastic title so everyone can see what the new Wal basses look like.:bassist:

Preamp pictures are up in PAGE 4!

DSC02194.jpg

DSC02195.jpg

DSC02196.jpg

DSC02197.jpg

DSC02198.jpg

DSC02199.jpg

DSC02200.jpg

DSC02201.jpg

DSC02202.jpg

DSC02203.jpg

2. BlackElan

BlackElan

Feb 26, 2009
    DSC02173.jpg

DSC02174.jpg

DSC02175.jpg

DSC02176.jpg

DSC02177.jpg

DSC02178.jpg

DSC02179.jpg

3. anonymous02282011

anonymous02282011 Guest

Jun 27, 2007
    nice!

4. BlackElan

BlackElan

Feb 26, 2009
    DSC02186.jpg

DSC02188.jpg

DSC02192.jpg

DSC02190.jpg

DSC02244.jpg

DSC02245.jpg

DSC02237.jpg

DSC02238.jpg

DSC02239.jpg

DSC02240.jpg

DSC02241.jpg

DSC02242.jpg

DSC02243.jpg

[

5. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    Nicely updated body style. That top is a beaut.

6. SpamBot

SpamBot

Dec 25, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    Yum.

Can we get a shot of the pre?

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Incredible!

8. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    Wow!

Look at that control cavity!

9. themurm523

themurm523

Mar 1, 2010
    ummm can you get the Justin chancellor tone with that? sarcasm on the internet doesn't really work so well lol. That is a great bass. Is it the exact JC one or did you get a custom? I know you said you had the same strings as him so I guess you did it all the same? What was the total price if you're willing to share?

10. Buchada Azeda

Buchada Azeda

Mar 25, 2009
    Brazil
    I'm having a minor heart attack.

I don't know if I'm correct, but Wals have got internal trimpots for each pickup, right?

11. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    Nice birdseye maple. If it was a BC Rich, the entire body would be one solid piece of THAT. The mahogany needs to be painted over.

12. Tropic

Tropic

May 19, 2009
    Woodbridge, Va
    I would have thought there would have been an easier way to change the battery but it's still a nice bass.

13. anonymous02282011

anonymous02282011 Guest

Jun 27, 2007
    correct sir, and also an internal trim pot for the "pick attack" option

14. RedemptionBass

RedemptionBass

Dec 12, 2007
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Head (and only) Honcho at Redemption Bass
    Ugh.... that is the ugliest bass I have ever seen!

Because I am so nice, I'll come and pick it up and "dispose" of it properly.......

"Dispose of properly" meaning drooling while looking at it, playing it daily and starting a totally rad band based around that bass.

I am a jealous man... supernice.

15. BlackElan

BlackElan

Feb 26, 2009
    I got some things like Justin's but some other things to make it special for me. I requested that it was a softned V profile, so its almost like a C shape neck. I requested the lightest woods for the build to keep it at 10 pounds or less, I have not weighed it yet but it feels very light so I know its not over ten pounds. I know some people have Mach IIs that are 12 pounds or more.

Some things like Hornbeam were not available for the neck and I am pretty sure that's what Justin has in his bass. Paul told me if I wanted to wait for hornbeam it could push my order back till he found some but he warned me it could be a long time.

Total cost was 3300 British pounds or 5000 US dollars . 1000 British pounds to start the order and the rest due at completion so its not too bad since you are kind of making payments on it. I would have been hard pressed to drop that kind of money all at once.

Regarding shipping Paul uses DHL but he was able to bill it to my UPS commercial account so it was not too expensive. He will only ship Air Saver or express so keep that in mind with factoring the cost into the bass. I also have not been hit with a US customs charge yet, I know some people have when getting a Wal from the UK.

I forgot to add Paul did those extra things for me at no charge.

16. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

so I've obviously missed the return of Wal rumors turning into reality...so where can I find the details? how does this bass compare with the older Wals? What was the wait like? Details on prices? Where are the threads on getting a new Wal and how this rumor has turned into reality?

feel free to PM me on details that might not be cool for sharing publicly (price, order time, etc) if you don't mind.

17. Buchada Azeda

Buchada Azeda

Mar 25, 2009
    Brazil
    How many months did you spend on the wait list and how many months did Wal take to build it?

18. BlackElan

BlackElan

Feb 26, 2009
    I think I was on the "wait list" for close to two years, I know I had been attempting to contact Wal since 2007. I got a reply from Paul in 2008 stating he is putting me on the list and when he was ready to start my order he called me along with a E-mail to confrim specs.

I sent the deposit and my bass was ready in four months after I sent the deposit.

I hear the wait is now 11 months.

19. BlackElan

BlackElan

Feb 26, 2009
    Take a look at the business card in my photo all the contact info is there. LOL

Wal website is here:

http://www.walbasses.co.uk/

20. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Beautiful bass.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 24, 2020