my 2nd bass???????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bb_boy68, May 27, 2002.

1. ok, here's the deal, i've been playin bass for 2 years, all this time with a fender affinity p-bass, pretty much the cheapest you can get, my parents agreed to get me a new bass under 500 bucks, i've been eyeing the epiphone thunderbird remake of the gibson, but i don't know how it is, i've been looking at a lot of epiphones actually, are epiphones good basses? should i go with that? what sort? and if not epiphone, what sort of bass do you suggest for under 500?, thanks
    p.s. i play mostly punk and rock, but i'm doing a good portion of slapping too, ;)
  2. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    MTD Kingston. Mmm.

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    For $500, you could do a lot better than the Epiphone. You could check out the MTD Kingston or Heir, Ibanez BTB's, MIM Fenders, and also check out the used market. Play as many as you can, if the Epiphone does it for you, go for it. But there are a lot more basses that, IMHO, will give you more "bang for your buck."
  4. Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    kingston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kingston!!! get it get it!!! :D
  5. Ibanez BTB for sure! I've never played a MTD Kingston (here in Chile MTD is unavailable :( ), but 3/4 of talkbass can't be wrong! :D

6. Rush1988

Rush1988 Guest

May 12, 2002
    USA, GA, Atlanta
    Is it a Squire Affinity P-bass ?
  7. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Buy used or buy a Kingston or both.