Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My 3 Quantums

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JRBrown, Aug 24, 2002.

1. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Quantums galore. The Quantums slap like crazy! (Too bad the 5 has to go) All are Barts or EMG pickups. What are the Lane Poor pickups like in a Quantum? Show me your Quantums.

2. Nice variety there. Very unique. Will you miss your 5'r?

3. Ugh! God those are terrible! I know this guy that can get rid of those..."basses" for you. Just send them to me and I'll take care of the rest.....no go? Aw well. It was worth a try...

4. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Since you asked...

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Nice basses, both of you guys.

I gotta get some better pics taken of mine.:rolleyes: I have been saying that for a couple weeks now though, and still haven't done it.
    Lazy.:p

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Ooooooh, fantastic Quantums! I must say that I am especially impressed with that spalt, but they're all lovely.

If I hadn't already blown my GAS allowance for the year I'd make an offer on that Blackstone Q5, but I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding a nice home for her (if you haven't already).

Here's my Greenstone:
    [​IMG]

7. Fuzzbass

"Sweet Spot Spalt" ... try saying that 5 times fast. :p

8. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Thanks.

Rojo412's Quantum: Incredibly Fascinating!

Fuzzbass's Quantum: Buttery Wicked!

9. Sprinkler

Sprinkler [account disabled]

Jul 31, 2002
    Fuzz, that's a huge fat neck for a 5r!!
    or am i being misled?

10. pd_5string

pd_5string Admin: Accnt Disabled

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    Yeah but they sound *sterile.*

Whatever that means...

Nice collection!

11. Fuzzbass

Oh... probably warpage from my digital camera! I don't have the "wide 5" option (2" at nut), that is the standard Quantum 5 neck (1-7/8" at nut). Actually, many consider 1-7/8" to be "wide 5", so maybe you're right... :p

FWIW, the Q5 neck is slim from front to back.

12. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Fuzz, I love your bass. She's quite a beauty...
    Actually, all I've seen here are beauties.

As for standard width 5 string Q's... My Warwick seems very narrow at the nut comparitively. After playing the Q, I find it hard to get used to how narrow the Warwick is. I couldn't even fathom the wide 5 spacing. I had the 6 string (same neck) but it was very well spaced... 5 would be too wide.

And Lane Poors... I heard that they sound like EMG but can operate passively. I also heard that they sound like both Bart and EMG, but more EMG. And what about Basslines pickups? Are they made for EMG DC40 size?