1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

my 5 strings to a PICCOLO Bass or soon going to be.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by InsaneBassninja, Nov 5, 2013.

1. This is my Alex Chake Bass... at the moment its a Standend bass tuning But soon I will be making it a piccolo bass its a 36 6/16 or 3/16 Scale board. . 070, or .065, .055, .040, 025w, 018P. Ganges. I think I put this in the wrong area. was was going to placed into the Bass guitars.

2. knuckle_head

knuckle_head Commercial User

Jul 30, 2002
    Seattle
    Owner; Knuckle Guitar Works & Circle K Strings
    You could go a wee bit bigger on the .025w - up to a .028 imo. Do tell once you've done it!

3. Will do. Am sure you have that .28 I may need but am basicing it off of my talk from the gurtier shop I gone too. which is funny he never try doing this for a 5 string bass before lol

4. One note: You'll have to replace the nut.

5. ixlramp

ixlramp

Jan 25, 2005
    UK
    You very probably will not need a new nut :) The downforce at the nut and the curve of the nut slot floor will centre the strings, ive used .040 in a .165 slot and .007 in a .032 slot no problem, all my basses are baritone / piccolo and ive never needed a new nut.

6. redwookie

redwookie Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Chicago
    I didn't need a new nut . Just put on a set of Zon piccolo strings. No problems.