Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My 5000th Post!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tplyons, Aug 10, 2005.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well guys, it's been a bit over two years since I've joined, and my bass playing hasn't gotten much better, but I know a lot more about basses, how they're built and which ones suck more than others, have carpal tunnel syndrome to show for it, and my history on my computer is 94% talkbass, 5% eBay and 1% everything else. LOL.

As of right now I am 38th in post count. Only 37 ahead of me, 35,482 people behind me concerning post count. I've been a moderator a bit over a year in Effects and since the beginning of the Feedback forum, my baby. I own two talkbass shirts, one beanie, Koozie and have been a supporting member since about day one. I've learned a lot here, sold a lot here, and I no longer have any real friends, just all you internet people.

I want to say thanks for 4,999 meaningless posts and this is the first one that I type while I cry (actually I really just cut an onion) and I just want to say that all you guys really are an enormous family with a bit of crazy unspeakable things going on between... but we're family. Ever come across me on the street, say hello because you are my brother and I will slap you accordingly! :)

Thanks for the good times!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    tee hee! i'm right behind you!

:)

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    No you're not...

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    how did you find that you were 38th in post count (not that i care about post count :D )?

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Congrats, you just hit 2K.

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I did a member search with people with post counts exceeding 5,000 which came up with 37 results. All were moderators except one or two.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    And I think I broke something, in the past two days I had about 119 posts so far, and the TB server is no longer sending me emails.

Stupid computer thinks I never leave. :(

8. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I think Paul should change the software so that every noob has a post count of 10,000 which goes down every time you make a post. When you reach 0 you get the user title of "Lindquist". when you get to -5,000 you get "Johnson".

9. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I can't think of anything worse than having to read all the stoopid posts in some of these forums - you'd have to pay me a lot to do that!! ;)

10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hate to break it to you, but of all the people ahead of you in post count, 23 of them are not currently moderators. And only two or three of them were moderators at one point (Hambone, Eric Cameron, etc.).

If you do an advanced search in the Members List, you can see the post counts by users in decending order.

11. Bruce Lindfield

It was weird looking at that list - there were people like "moley" with over 5,000 posts, but who I haven't seen around here for years!! :meh:

12. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Its nice having you here Timothy :)

13. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yeah, he was a really cool guy-very helpful in the GI forum. He used to post like 20 times a day, then sorta disappeared.

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'm getting pretty close to the 10,000 marker... I post too much. ;)

15. Bruce Lindfield

I'm getting close to double that! :D

16. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
  17. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    you are so much better then me, i am impress