1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My 62RI Jazz sounds amazing!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 39Reasons, Mar 15, 2008.

1. 39Reasons

39Reasons

Sep 16, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    I just got done converting some of my old bands tapes to DVD and then transfering them to the computer. I've been having blast putting them up on YouTube. It's cool to be able to sit back listen. I thought the tone I got at this gig especially was killer. This song is apropiate for this weeked seeing too seeing that it's called "The Drinking Song". :p Ths was recorded at The Gig in Hollywood back in 2002.

2. USAJO

USAJO

Apr 13, 2005
    The bass I regret selling the most was my 62RI. I agree your's sounds great. How was that recorded, line out to board or mic or what? I can't tell, what rig are you using? Either way I like the tone and miss my 62 RI Jazz.

3. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Due to the Hilton convention this weekend?

4. 39Reasons

39Reasons

Sep 16, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Believe it or not the audio was taken straight from the old analog video camera. That was another reason why I was so suprised by the sound! I'm through a Hartke HA4000 head with a Hartke 4x10 4200 series it has a cone in the middle of the cab and it's heavy as hell! Then I think I have my chorus pedal on can't remeber hahahaha.

5. LOL!

6. This week-end's a killer for my band: 6 gigs in 4 days. We call it the 'St-Pat's week slaughter' because we all end up totally sick by the end of it every year.

More on-topic, that bass sounds pretty wicked. I'm passively in the market for one of the RI Jazzes. I don't really care which model, as it's really because I want a Fender in the toolbox, but the more I hear, the more I'm leaning towards the '62...

7. 39Reasons

39Reasons

Sep 16, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Dude that's f'n awesome!:hyper::bassist:

8. yeah, it's pretty sweet, though we're all hopped up on vitamins and ginseng and stuff to try and keep the sickyness at bay :help:;)

9. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Good work :D