Perhaps some of you remember my plans to make an extension down to A. Well, my string came in the mail today so I put it all back together. Known issues thus far: 1. The fact the I should not have gotten a 36" string for a 38" scale. Arg. There's two full inches of non-wrapping on the neck now. Curiously, it doesn't affect the tone much. 2. A-string action is a little low and clatters at the 2nd fret (or old nut/zero fret). 3. Nut on low A moves around. 4. Haven't checked the intonation yet. Good things: 1. Low A string now has good tension. 2. String still follows the "tuned in fourths" pattern when looking at it. I finger low B at the existing nut/new 2nd fret, Bb at the -1 fret/new 1st fret and A is open. 3. Looks cool! I spent a lot of time on it. On the bright side, wow, are these chromes awesome!! So bright! I almost forgot it was a fretless!! I love the tension on the G and D strings. And there's thunder down low too. And since the new string still looks like a B string on the fretboard, all my fingering patterns are the same. Enjoy the pictures. I am open to comments and suggestions.