Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My A-just-a-nut horror, help quick

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by dave_clark69, Feb 15, 2004.

1. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    Help me quick. I have a warwcik corvette 4 string. I was ajusting the a just a nut slightly. I put them low down, then went to bring the hole nearest the e string and it went up fine. but then when i went to put the hole nearest the g string up-nothing. Am i doomed?
    I am not joking around i am being deadly serious.

Reply quick!

2. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    I have just re assesed it. The top part moves fine, the lower part doesnt. At the moment my guitar is tuned to gdae but the g and d strings are tuned to g and d on the 1st frets. this is majorly bad. Someone has to help me. Reply quick, c'mon you guys

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Uhh if they are out of tune, just re tune it.

4. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    lol

5. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    No im talking about the nut. On warwicks they are adjustable. I wanted to see if i could lower mine a little bit. Lowered it too much and it must have ripped up the thread in there. I think i only need to replace the part of the nut that varies in height. Does anyone know where to get one/ how much they will cost?

6. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    call dana b goods, the US distributor. When i setup my bass some of those adjustors were broken, called them and they sent them free of charge.

it took me about a week and a half because i think they are in Cali and live in MS.

7. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    Thanks for your help abark and everyone. the problem is i am in the UK so would i just be able to contact MAD (the UK equivelant of DBG) and ask them. Do you think regular music shops have replacement nuts?