1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My Acoustic "pyramid"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lazerviking, May 11, 2010.

1. B600H, B200H heads, B410 and 2x B115. Stacked vertically it's super tall and I am 6'5", but I like this way better. The two 115's are powered by the B600H head, quakes the ground.

[​IMG]

2. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    It would sound better if you stacked all three on top of each other.With the 15s next to each other.

3. That would be insanely tall

4. maevinj

maevinj

Feb 10, 2008
    ALB!
    waiting for all of the speaker phasing comments and why your current setup is bad in 3...2..1...

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    hey, if the dude is happy with it, who cares? the phasing stuff is something to consider for those who aren't happy with their rigs.

6. NateS

NateS

Sep 22, 2009
    Richmond, VA, USA
    with that much customability, you tried anything fun?

put a 115 facing to the ground. i've always wanted to try do that that, but i only has a fridge...

i'm mainly an idiot, just ignore me

7. Yes, very tall and I didn't like how it sounded as much.

8. baron665

baron665

Apr 9, 2010
    Michigan
    Nice

9. maevinj

maevinj

Feb 10, 2008
    ALB!
    Oh I agree. I run a 115/410 sometimes. It just seems people come out of the woodworks to point out phase issues when a topic like this pops up on TB.:bag:

10. Mo'Phat

Mo'Phat Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2003
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Do the 1x15's have a shelf port along the bottom? If so, try this next time, just for kicks: Stack the 1x15's on their sides so the shelf ports line up vertically. Put the 4x10 next to them with both heads on top of it. You'd still have a shorter rig, but the lowest frequencies coming out of the ports would be closer to ear level and not shooting out along the floor by your feet.

Just a thought.

11. It's only me and a drummer so he is the only other one I am competing in sound with, but I am rarely drown out by his playing.

12. NateS

NateS

Sep 22, 2009
    Richmond, VA, USA
    i love drums and bass music, it's so simple - don't have to find your spot in the frequency map, you get to have most of it to your liking..

13. tekhedd

tekhedd Tone chaser Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Colorado, USA
    Owner/operator of BYTE HEAVEN
    Theoretically, now, you might have less bass because it won't be coupled as well with the floor. But then again, you might not. Hmm. If I understand how things work around here, this means that you now have to try it and tell us how it sounds. :>

14. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    Wait are the 2 heads running together?

15. That's what I like - just KNOWING the rules for soundwave propagation and how to achieve it with no mistakes.

Once the sound comes off the cones - it's a cr@pshoot as to what it sounds like, if it makes it to the front or back row of the audience or if you can even hear yourself.

The Old Columbus Method sounds the best: "Seek & Ye Shall Find". :ninja:

16. JohnMCA72

JohnMCA72

Feb 4, 2009
    On the other hand, as it is, they're both coupling with the floor...

17. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    I do rather like it, but i'm sorry to inform you.

You need more speakers.

18. I just went and put that pix in Picasa and blew it up and sure enuff - there's a jack from the lower amp to the upper one.

It's the Active-IN on the lower head jumpered to the Passive IN on the upper head and the Passive on the top head looks like the only actual 1/4" jack that's not totally covered, so I dunnow what's going on here.

Can a signal jump from amp-to-amp that way? :confused:

I've used splitters before on two different amps and they work pretty good - but this is a new idea to me.

Somewhere there's a loss of signal - just you betchum! :meh:

19. NateS

NateS

Sep 22, 2009
    Richmond, VA, USA
    maybe he just has it sitting in there? can't do any harm, both plugs are waiting for signal that is never gonna come

20. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    what little bass you lose from floor coupling on both cabs is insignificant.