1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My amp just ceased working on me!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by iamdenialNJ, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Not completely but it's pretty much unusable. Volume is low. Lots of buzzing when playing. Loud pops and hisses when amp is turned on and off. I've tried different fuses, cables, cabs and basses. This started to happen last week and for a couple of days went back to working fine but the problem has returned. Everything inside seems to be soldered fine and all connections are solid. The amp has never seen extreme weather. I have an Eden NA650. I haven't even had this amp for a year and I'd almost prefer to buy a new amp rather than repairing this thing.

Anyone have any questions for me to help in the patient's diagnosis? :scowl: :(

2. Rockman

Rockman

Mar 2, 2006
    Do you have an EE degree? Are you a trained amp tech? If the answer to those are no, then no you need to bring it to someone who knows what they are doing.

3. I knew I should've chosen EE instead of ME...

4. Gin

Gin

Apr 11, 2008
    Manitoba, Canada
    It's never lupus... :scowl:

5. duderasta

duderasta

Feb 25, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    +1

6. The amp will be taking a trip to the tech.
    Alright... thanks guys.

7. You may want to try cleaning the contacts in your effects loop.

To see if this is the problem, take a regular instrument cable and connect one end to the send and other to the return (complete the circuit).

It is a common problem