Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by anarchist973, Dec 21, 2000.

1. anarchist973

anarchist973

Dec 21, 2000
    i know i probibly sound dumb but i'm playing my bass right now(for practice)through a 80 watt guitar amp.i want to get a bass amp but there so expensive and for a 15 year old thats not really in my budget right now. well anyway what i need to know is if any of you guys know of a good gig amp that is affordable,but at least 60 watts.

if u could help tha'd be great.

2. The Keeper

The Keeper

Sep 2, 2000
    What do you consider affordable? If you're looking for something under $100, that's hard to find (but can be does if you'll settle for USED hear!!) Check out ebay (www.ebay.com) and search the auctions for bass amps. You can usually get a pretty good deal there. Also check out digibid.com which is another auction site that often has great deals on music gear. I would suggest looking into Peavey combo amps. Peavey has some awesome quality gear at some of the lowest prices. Used gear by mail (www.ugbm.com) has some good used gear deals too.
    I warn you though, you won't beable to do a lot of gigging with a 60 watt amp. If you've got at least $200 to spend, look into to buying a cheap used bass amp head and a small speaker cab. For $200 you should beable to find about a 200 watt bass amp head (for around $130; see http://www.ugbm.com ) and a speaker cab. You might be thinking that you can't find a good speaker cab for under $300, but here's how you skimp there: buy speakers meant for a car. They are much much cheaper (I just bought cab with 2 400 watt 15 inchers in it for about $80 after shipping and handling and it sounds great!!!) and they often sound better than brand name speakers meant for bass amps!! You should beable to find a couple 12 's for around $50 plus s+h.
    I hope this helps!! If you have any questions let me know, I'm glad to help out. Good Luck!!

3. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    There's also http://www.firstcash.com . It's like an online pawn shop.
    Enter bass amp in the search field and have at it.