my amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by anarchist973, Dec 21, 2000.

1. anarchist973

Dec 21, 2000
    i know i probibly sound dumb but i'm playing my bass right now(for practice)through a 80 watt guitar amp.i want to get a bass amp but there so expensive and for a 15 year old thats not really in my budget right now. well anyway what i need to know is if any of you guys know of a good gig amp that is affordable,but at least 60 watts.

if u could help tha'd be great.
  2. The Keeper

The Keeper

Sep 2, 2000
    What do you consider affordable? If you're looking for something under $100, that's hard to find (but can be does if you'll settle for USED hear!!) Check out ebay ( and search the auctions for bass amps. You can usually get a pretty good deal there. Also check out which is another auction site that often has great deals on music gear. I would suggest looking into Peavey combo amps. Peavey has some awesome quality gear at some of the lowest prices. Used gear by mail ( has some good used gear deals too.
    I warn you though, you won't beable to do a lot of gigging with a 60 watt amp. If you've got at least $200 to spend, look into to buying a cheap used bass amp head and a small speaker cab. For $200 you should beable to find about a 200 watt bass amp head (for around $130; see ) and a speaker cab. You might be thinking that you can't find a good speaker cab for under $300, but here's how you skimp there: buy speakers meant for a car. They are much much cheaper (I just bought cab with 2 400 watt 15 inchers in it for about $80 after shipping and handling and it sounds great!!!) and they often sound better than brand name speakers meant for bass amps!! You should beable to find a couple 12 's for around $50 plus s+h.
    I hope this helps!! If you have any questions let me know, I'm glad to help out. Good Luck!!
  3. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    There's also . It's like an online pawn shop.
    Enter bass amp in the search field and have at it.