1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

my ampeg 610

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by downagainb, Nov 6, 2006.

1. downagainb

downagainb

Nov 6, 2006
    For a while i had been using my ampeg svt-610 hlf cab with no problem. I have been running a Ampeg B2RE rack head through it with no dificulty. Just recently i added a Tech 21 Sansamp RBI bass driver to my rig. Since i have gotten it it helps out my sound alot. But i have noticed sometimes the upper part of my cab will light up inside. I have never seen a cab do this. Does anyone know what could be causing the cab to do this? and how this can be stop or prevented? help would be apreciated.

-brian

2. Whitmore

Whitmore

Aug 13, 2005
    i could be wrong, but i remember reading somewhere that there is a lightbulb inside the cab that acts as a protective barrier for the tweeter. If so, then it is just protecting your tweeter and you shouldnt be worried.

peace

3. +1 on Light bulb post. I have the 410HLF & IT too has the light bulb fuse aparatus/thingy. Must be that Tho I've never seen mine do it!

4. Armueller2001

Armueller2001

Sep 19, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Hows that B2RE sound with the 610? I'm about to get this setup going in a couple weeks, while waiting for my SVP-Pro and QSC power amp setup! :crying:

5. vntr

vntr

Sep 15, 2006
    switzerland
    I used to have the 610, I sold it because of a lack of low end, anyway, since I pushed it really loud sometimes, I had that light thing happening a few times.
    I play in a very loud rock band, I like feedbacks and very high end distortion, so that light thing was happening with very high frequency bass sounds.

So, you're not the only one.

6. downagainb

downagainb

Nov 6, 2006
    thanks for the help...do you think it should be something i should be worried about or something that will cause problems later on down the road?

7. Daytona955i

Daytona955i

Feb 17, 2005
    Albany, NY
    It lights up for protection.

8. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Lack of low end in an SVT-610HLF...oh my:eek:

9. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Mount Prospect, IL
    That light in the cabinet is a tweeter protection circuit. If you see it light up, you are using WAY TOO MUCH TREBLE ABOVE 5KHZ. I would suggest turning the dial down on the back (no more than 1/2 way) and/or decreasing the highs above 5 khz. Honestly, bass players are better off putting more sounds in the 800-2khz range for growl and less oomph in the 5khz-10khz range for clarity. Those tweeter frequencies are not going to be heard as easily as the 800hz-2khz range - Just how the human ear works....

I am not saying to avoid tweeter frequencies, I am just saying to use them more wisely and not so excessively.

10. +1:eyebrow: I -on my SVT410HLF - only usually have the tweeter on about 1sometimes 2-3 or off! Really its BASS!!:bag:

11. vntr

vntr

Sep 15, 2006
    switzerland
    I actually sold my 610 to get two 15'' cabinets, I have a very precise idea of what kinda sound I want and the 610 couldn't provide me that sound....

12. tlwaps

tlwaps

Feb 13, 2006
    Ohio
    I've never heard anybody say they had a lack of low-end coming from the 610

13. calebbarton

calebbarton

Aug 25, 2007
    Oregon
    I manufacture for several companies including but not limited to: Bridge City Sound, Catalinbread, more.
    low end goes away with distortion.