1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

my ampeg 8x10...answers please...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by scottblessed, Aug 31, 2008.

1. hi there,

i bought my ampeg 8x10 just over a year ago, and i was just going to ask about who made it. I would have assumed it would havee been made by LOUD, but upon inspection it says made in the USA by SLM.

Its an AV model, so I'm assuming LOUD definately made it.

Did LOUD buy out SLM and continue to use their name?

thanks

2. sutarappa

sutarappa

Feb 26, 2007
    TX
    I'm not sure to the exact extent of the run, but there were both AV heads and 8x10 cabs made in USA before Ampeg closed shop here.

There is still a supply of SLM new-old stock gear around... I can still occasionally go into music stores in the Dallas area and find brand new Ampeg heads and cabs made by SLM in the USA. Some smaller, independent stores don't move gear like Guitar Center. Some online companies still have new-old stock SLM gear yet to be sold...

I think the new Loud Asian model labels say something like "Designed in the USA" and may or may not give a country of manufacture... can anyone confirm?

3. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx

Wherever you bought yours from likely still has USA made inventory that hasn't sold yet. When those are gone and they order more, they'll come from China. Made in the US, Designed in the US and Assembled in the US don't all mean the same thing.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    If it says SLM, and USA, keep it. All my Ampeg gear is SLM. It'll be remembered as the "good old days" in the future.