1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

my Ampeg b100-r is in shop/100 watt/

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by atom1962, Oct 4, 2008.

1. atom1962

atom1962 Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    Indianapolis. indiana
    it is in shop for 6 weeks/crazy/, but i need another amp to play in my living room. what should i buy? i dont want to spend too much money , but i need something decent. it is only for practice at home.anything under $100 , could go maybe up to $150. but i dont want to buy some junk....i have Guitar center and Sam Ash 20 min away
    thanks again guys

2. p5string

p5string

Aug 21, 2004
    Webster, NY
    my vote is for an Acoustic B20.

3. atom1962

atom1962 Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    Indianapolis. indiana
    i think my bass instructor had one of these, and she always said "its only acoustic", but i thought it was pretty good.....

4. kingpin2512

kingpin2512

Aug 9, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I guess i'd say acoustic. I don't own one but have tried them out, and it's deffintly better than other things in that price range.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Ya, Acoustic is the only cheapo combo I've played that's worth a crap.

6. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    +1 - great sounding, simple, and cheap -- AND as I've discussed with the poster above, its flat tone pretty much matches what Mr. Jimmy deems the "correct" sound of a vintage Ampeg fliptop. And that's just a starting point.