1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

my Ampeg SVP-Pro preamp STOLEN! Help me decide what to get instead....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DanielleMuscato, Apr 10, 2006.

1. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    Garg... my preamp was stolen... need a new one. I had an Ampeg SVP-Pro rack-mount unit that I really liked, but instead of just buying a new one, I thought I'd poke around here and see what you guys would recommend for me. Thanks for your help in advance :)

I like a really crisp, clean, punchy tone. I play a Modulus Q5 and I like that kind of Victor Wooten "sticky" sound, if that makes sense; lots of definition and clarity. I use an Aphex Bass X-citer to punch up the clarity some, and I have a Crown K2 power amp that I'm running into a Carvin Red-Eye 4x10 (soon to be replaced with a Schroeder light 410!).

My main tone influences are Flea, Stefan Lessard, Victor Wooten, and those guys.

Thanks so much for your help... I really appreciate it... any and all suggestions welcome!

Thanks,

Dave

2. svtb15

svtb15

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig
    Alembic F2B

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    How'd it get stolen?

4. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    I took it out of my rack after a show because it was making a funny rattling sound, set it down near the edge of the stage and forgot about it when we packed up our stuff... Came back 20 minutes later when I realized I'd left it there and somebody had walked off with it. Club had no leads.

GRR!

Dave

5. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    I've never used an Alembic; why do you recommend it? I'll check one out... I'm in Philadelphia right now so I should be able to find a dealer.