Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

my amp's buzzing!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PureRockRoll, May 24, 2005.

1. PureRockRoll

PureRockRoll

Apr 24, 2005
    I have a yorkville xm200t and about a week ago it was buzzing. i tried plugging it in to different outlets around the house with just my bass (no pedals) and it was still buzzing. after just sitting down and playing my guitar through it pretty hard for about ten minutes and when i stopped playing, the buzzing stop. so here it is a week later and i'm practicing with my band. at first it sounds great, but then it starts buzzing again(and i know it's not the chords/pedals/outlet) i know buzzing might be anything, but if any of you could shed some light on this issue, maybe give me some extra trouble shooting ideas it would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    p.s. is it possible it could be the weather?

2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

Bees.

I'd stake my solid gold reputation that you've got a hive in there.

3. Damn, i hate when that happens, happened to me once, bast**ds were feeding off the smoke in the amp and i think they were attracted by blue lights, true story*

*not true, or relivant, but hell, im bored

4. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Does your amp have a tube in the preamp? If so that may be the problem. Also check the wireing to the speaker if you can.