1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

my amps messed up

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Artie, Apr 24, 2006.

1. When I turn on my amp theres this noise, its not really a buzz it's clear, and when I try to play, my bass makes no noise. All I hear is that tone. Anyone know whats wrong?

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

Don't do amps but I typically respond if not body else has when a thread reaches bottom of the front page.

Didn't pay attention to how many views this thread got but first thought was if you want a reponse you're more likely to get it if you supply enough information to give someone a shot in the dark. Somtimes just similar gear is enough to evoke something.

No.1, have you isolated the problem to the amp? Kind of amp (ie head, combo?), make of amp, SS/tube maybe, recent changes in amp performance, age of amp, how long you've had it, recent changes in anything to do with the amp at all, what all is in the signal chain, anything you've done to resolve the issue - that come to mind immediately.