1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My Ashdown 427 turned up...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by =^..^=, Oct 6, 2013.

1. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    It's taken a while from order but I got my Ashdown 427 small block from my LMS yesterday

[​IMG]

Only tried it at 'loud' house volume so far but it's a super warm sound (which was just what I wanted)

It was worth waiting for!!

2. At $3800.00 USD I HOPE you love it! :)

3. I initially read the title as burned up. I guess with eight KT88s i would be right! :D

Enjoy your new "toy" I hope it serves you well.

4. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    The bass deserves that amp tbh...

5. Too rich for my blood but sure looks like a dream amp.

6. Big boy tube amp? Killer bass? Both of those deserve some real cabs....

7. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    For sure - if I had some one to carry them instead of me :)

8. I bet you a fEARless F212 would weigh less than your 410 (the F212 is around 55 pounds), and it would get louder than both of those cabs together.

9. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    ccp
    Or a Bergantino CN 212 or two CN 212s :)

10. The Bers are killer cabs for sure, but they are not going to have the low end that a fEARless cab is going to. Nor are they going to be able to reach the volume the LF woofers can.

But that is me, I like some bass in my bass.

11. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    The mini 15 has actually got an eminence pro-kilomax driver in it (popped a few of the blue line 15's playing psychobilly on URB) - both cabs are well matched/work well together and not too heavy. The 427 is about as heavy as I want one piece of equipment to be...

12. Cabinets employing Neo drivers are very much lighter than their Ceramic brothers. The fEARful and Fearless designs are using thinner wood that are well braced so the cabinetry is lighter as well.

13. I heard a door creaking open? :D

14. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    Gigged it last night. Without a shadow of a doubt it is the closest to my perfect bass sound that I have ever had with any equipment.
    To me it was worth every penny :)