1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My Attempt at a Joe Satriani Piece - ON BASS!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by soong, Sep 23, 2008.

1. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Few of you might hate this with a passion, but i felt this song was too sweet not to be played on a bass.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=UavUKSvZpy0

I'd love all feedback. Filmed this this afternoon.

Thanks in advance everyone!

2. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I love Joe Satriani, seen him live three times now, but I have to say that track is a bit of a plodder and not quite as good as his more glorious pieces.

3. i am going to have to agree--i think the track sounds somewhat predictable, but in terms of judging your cover of his song, it sounded good. The only thing I have an issue is with dynamics, and this doesn't focus on your solo, but to me, most bass solos are lacking in dynamics...they just seem to focus on the notes

4. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Thanks for commenting guys. Although despite what you guys say i think its such a beautiful song, the melody just speaks to me!

Thanks for feedback!

5. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Very nice tune... I wasn't familiar with it before. After your clip I listened to a couple versions by Joe himself. I think you can be proud of the recording, but what does stand out to me is the slide or hammer-ons you are using during the melody riff. It could be the eq / recording, but the movement is a little distracting to my ear. Maybe it's just the reality of bigger frets and bigger strings in comparison to guitar- I don't know. Sounds good overall.