1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My attempt at a Mainstream-ish and peaceful song. Feedback appreciated!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by djt820, Mar 19, 2010.

1. djt820

djt820

Dec 30, 2008
    Here's the link
    http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/305140
    Its simple but it took me a while to completely structure it. I love playing it and this is from a guy who listens to Avant Garde and metal and the such. Lemme know whatcha think!

2. djt820

djt820

Dec 30, 2008
    Aw cmon guys. 40 views and not a single reply? I think Im gonna cry.
    ... :p

3. SonicDevice

SonicDevice

Aug 21, 2009
    Hey don't cry! lol

My first impression was that on the "intro" the guitars seemed to be working against each other at times...the transition into the song didn't really feel smooth or cohesive.

When the drums and bass kicked in it felt really nice...could definitely use some vocals...but I can see some potential there.

I had the same issues on the outro as with the intro...it almost felt like another song or something.

All in all I'd say it's a good job though and keep at it!

4. If your goal were to get it on the radio (w vox)... you would have a lot of work to do

I liked the real reverbed guitar in the intro.
    If you get some vox in their too...
    Liked when the drums came in and when the bass doubled the guitar in the middle

5. Elrend

Elrend

Feb 24, 2008
    Norway
    You're using way to large chords to make it sound peaceful.

6. djt820

djt820

Dec 30, 2008
    I wasn't aware chords had sizes. Are some of them big-boned?
    Everyone: Thanks for letting me know what you thought. Keep them coming!

7. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Yes, the intro feels like the end of another song and then that silence is like, a cd going to the next track. maybe change something up with that? Honestly, the song is long enough that you can go without that whole beginning part.

The panning for the guitars is kinda goofy... Like, you will hear the guitar in both speakers then as the chord is held, you can only hear it from one speaker. Not a very balanced feel.

Tighten up the screws, but you have a nice outlay for what you want. Don't deem it finished just yet. make it the best you can!

8. djt820

djt820

Dec 30, 2008
    People really seem to hate the intro and outro XD
    I plan on rerecording this for my album and tighting everything up. Thanks for the review. :)

9. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Welcome sir. Ive grown very fond of this section of the forum. I like getting advice, and giving it. So feel free to find my thread with my music and poke fun at it, haha.

10. Yea, definitely drop the intro... what?

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 2, 2020