My attempt at web design...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by lil_bass_boy, Jan 27, 2003.

1. lil_bass_boy

lil_bass_boy Banned

Oct 25, 2001
    Maryland, USA

I hope this isn't considered spam, I;m just asking for opinions :oops: .

This is my band's website and one of my best attempts so far at HTML.

I'm only 14 so, don't expect something great. And I wrote most of the there's bound to be mistakes. Thanks :)

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  3. One suggestion I would make is waiting until you have EVERYTHING done before posting the site. It is really annoying when you click on a link and it says "Under Construction" or "Page Not Found."

With that said, I'd appreciate it if someone gave me a review on the site I run for my friends' band.

Please note that I only know the basics of HTML code. I may take more classes on it, if it interests me.
  4. Here's one me&my brother made for a friend... It took some experimenting with colors, and learning PHP, but it was fun, hope you get some inspiration.

p.s. It's not up as the official site yet, though we made it a year ago. The guy we made it for hasn't made his mind up as to what changes he wants done.

[Edit - Forgot the link:eek: ]
  5. It's a long time since I did any marking up...but what is good about your site is small pages, clarity and relevance. Navigation is easy, too.

what is bad IMO is links that aren't linked to anything...only activate a link if you have somewhere to go. Also, you don't need a 'click to enter my site' style top page...that just slows things down. You can also optimise your graphics for much faster download.

But well done for avoiding the temptation to put bells and whistles on it.

check out

for great ideas on how not to do it.
  6. My site is at
    I actually do need to get rid of some of the cheesy scripts I have on there, and was going to but other band members asked me not to because they like that stuff.:rolleyes:
  7. Thing is, you don't need to click the link, you just wait eight second. I wnted to make it five, but my bro insisted on eight...