1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My Avatar has arrived

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ZonGuy, Aug 30, 2008.

1. ZonGuy

ZonGuy

Sep 2, 2007
    Avatar B212 Neo (8 ohm black fur)
    Ordered Monday noon, shipped that day,arrived in Houston Friday, but......

FedEx couldn't find my house. Tracking at 8:00 PM said delivery exception. Called Fed Ex, went ballistic since both FedEx and UPS are perfectly capable of finding my house any other time. To their credit, Fed Ex folks were very courteous after I stopped screaming. I drove to the delivery center 30 miles away and picked up my precious box.

The amp arrived well packed. The cab looks sturdy and was undamaged and is of course, a lot lighter than it looks. Only complaint is the absence of any paperwork or manual to go with the speaker.

In between hurricane preparations, I am breaking it in carefully. My Aguilar GS 210 is stacked on top. I have a rehearsal in a warehouse on Monday and will crank it up then.

SUMMARY
    Phone Service: Good
    Delivery: Fast, Undamaged
    Performance: Evaluation pending, A report is forthcoming after the speakers are broken in.

2. fireincairo

fireincairo

Jul 8, 2008
    How has it performed for you so far?

3. It will do just fine. Mine has been flawless.

4. CLMSHQ

CLMSHQ

Apr 17, 2007
    Danielson, CT
    You will be very happy. I wish I would of purchsed one a long time ago..$, $, $.

Just got my 410 in Choc Tolex over the Spring and still turn heads.

5. fireincairo

fireincairo

Jul 8, 2008
    I recently got an Avatar neo 4x10 cab that has pretty much blown me away. I'm going to add a neo 2x12 to it.

6. theory028

theory028 Really Loud Hamburger.

Jul 4, 2007
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Hopefully you enjoy that cab. I finally got to play through my B212 with my Kustom Groove 1200 this weekend; first time since mid August. I've been in Iowa City attending the university. I'm certainly going to miss how it sounds when I go back tomorrow. I spent a good while messing with the EQ on my head and have realized just how great it sounds.

I'd love to add an 8 ohm B210 or B410 cab to my rig in the future. Given all of the positive comments on those cabs, it seems like it'd be a fantastic addition.

Enjoy!