My back hurts

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ADbassman, Dec 16, 2004.

1. So yeah, I got a new rack today, a Road Ready 6 spacer. This thing weights a TON! Fully loaded with all my gear, its 100 lbs. I can't carry this thing around forever like this.

That leads me to my question. Can anybody tell me if somebody manufactures a collapsable dolly that would be able to support 100 pounds, maybe a little more. I'm not looking for a cart, more like one of those 2 wheeled dollys with the tires. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    You can pick up a cheap dolly from Ace Hardware for like $20-30. IIRC, the handle end pulled off one of them.
  3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    If you don't really need full protection for your rack (aka if you don't transport your rack in the back of an equipment trcuk, but rather the back of your car), seriously consider getting an SKB or Gator case. Much, much lighter.

Yeah, the real road cases look much more pro, but c'mon, if you don't "need" it, save your back.
  4. I thought big old antiquated SVTs were the heaviest? :confused:
  5. Furman PL-8 Power Conditioner
    BBE Bmax
    QSC 1310

All in a Road Ready 6 space rack equals roughly 100 pounds.
  6. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    I have a 6 space SKB rolling rack case. The only complaint I have with it is that it only has a handle on one side making it difficult to set on top of my cab once I pick it up. Much easier now though since I only have the one Schroeder to get it up on top of.
  7. I have a 4 space shock-mount road ready to kart around my Mesa head, man that sucker is a beast! yeah it's heavy but it's just so indestructable. Congrats on the ultimate in flight-case racks!!
  8. Bassstud1

Bassstud1 Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2001
    LaPorte Indiana USA
    I bought a $19.99 luggage cart from Value City and used it for two years every week end. I don't play out any more other wise I would still be using it. Just my 2 cents.
  9. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    I would highly recommend the "Rock 'N Roller" cart. It is distributed by Dana B. Goods, the same guys that distribute Warwick products. They are available in a variety of sizes and they fold to a pretty compact size for transport. You can buy them at any GC or from Musicians Friend.
  10. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    How's your face feel ? :D
  11. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
  12. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
  13. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
  14. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I dont get why everyone says their back hurts because of heavy amps.

Lift with your legs people! ;)
  15. jusplayinmybass

Apr 17, 2003
    Conyers, Ga
    Keith McMillan Instruments, SIT Strings, Accugroove Cabinets
    If there's Lowes (sp?) near you they sell a folding hand truck for around $40. I had one. It eventually broke because I abused it. It held up pretty good till I started bouncing my 125lb ampeg cabinet down stairs. Even then, it lasted over a year before the wheel broke. B Easy

16. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I have my DB 728 + Demeter HPB-1 + power conditioner in one 12 space foam shock case with wheels. Well over a hundred pounds. The trick is to lift correctly. A handtruck is only useful after you have lifted whatever you put on it out of your vehicle. Just make sure your case has good wheels and that another band member is around to help you. Also pray that you don't rip the handle cups off of the case itself (yes, I have had that happen). :D
  17. Rockgurl

Dec 17, 2004
    CT, USA
    I just bought my hand truck from Lowes and it's ace. It folds flat and can carry up to 200 lbs, and is half the price of all the others. I use a bungee to strap my amp on there in case I hit any bumps. It's the best thing I've bought.

Folding hand truck from Lowes
  18. jdagger

Nov 21, 2004
    RockGurl, one piece of advice. Bungees, when they let go for any reason, can be nasty little critters. "Ouchhhhhh, thats gonna leave a mark." I would suggest using nylon tie down straps for securing equipment.
  19. Well, I was at lowes today looking at that collapsable hand truck. This thing really doesn't seem like it can support 100 lbs, let alone its rated 200. Beyond that, the wheels didn't even lock in all that good. I did however like the size of it, it would fit in my car rather nicely. I might give it a try and return it if it doesn't work.