Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

My band Ashville... new song! [Stoner/Metal]

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Phyrexian, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Hi all,

we've got a new demo out since a couple of months and we finally put a downloadable song called 'Torpedo Run' on our website... check it out!

http://www.ashville.be/ (multimedia/audio)

Bart

Biography:
    The belgian band Ashville was formed in 2003. They play heavy rock, drawing from metal, stoner and blues influences. With band members living in Leuven, Mechelen and Gent, Ashville seeks to break down barriers by bringing a heavy live vibe of grooving riffs and rhythms, with vocals and guitar leads that embrace both melody and power. The band released two demo's so far: 'The Road to Ashville' in 2004 and 'The Desert Anomaly' in 2005. In 2005 they won some rockcontests and played on bigger festivals like Stage Fight (Keerbergen), Boscorock (Kortrijk), Hexenkessel (Genk) and Suikerrock (Tienen).

Ashville played over 25 live shows since it's stage debut in the beginning of 2004. They shared the stage with bands like: De Mens, Sukilove, A Brand, Leech, In-Quest, Girls Against Boys (USA), Belgian Asociality, The Kids, Gino's Eyeball and The Killbots among others...

2. I'm currently listening to it.

I don'T really like the singers voice, and the song as a whole isn't quite melodic enough for my liking. the bass is either too low in volume, or doesn't have enough mids... it's burried in the mix.

Whenever i read or hear the word "stoner" i'm thinking on QOTSA, and compare everything to that band.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Many Stoner fans consider Queens to be a poor example. It's very much the pop side of stoner.

I can't get it to work, because I'm at work. Work work... work. So no input, but hey, I guess I bumped it for you.

This should be in recordings.

4. Very true!

5. walewein

walewein

Jun 13, 2003
    Belgium
    I don't dig the vocals too.

6. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    When he says "like a torpedo run" it's not powerful enough, it's more of a wine. Sounds good though.