My band did some recording

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 74rickbass, Mar 15, 2005.

1. On monday, We bought some studio time and recorded a couple songs.

Everything went smoothly! Me, the band and the engineer/producer had a great time. We ended up recording 5 songs in the 10 hours. I have 3 of them uploaded to so you guys can check'em out.

With only 10 hours, we couldnt get them mixed really great and get the songs really spiced up, but they still sound good as is.

1 song is a sappy, I mean SAPPY song. The next one is a kinda rocky-er sappy song and the last one is rock.

I got to use my 1974 Rickenbacker and you can kinda hear the distinctive Rick tone in some spots of some songs.

Here is the link... Oh, by the way, the name of the band is Solidstate NOT solidst8. which is really lame, Its just that solidstate was already taken on the website.
  2. Anybody? I really want some opinions. On the recording, the songs... anything! Good or bad
  3. Smash, First one is definatly "lite". But I like it, I guess you kinda get attached to songs if you are part of the process. so its hard to not like them.

Yes, the songs can be kinda generic. We'll have to work on that.

I agree completly abou t the leads. I even told him, play the same notes, just play them like you REALLY mean it. But we didnt have time to re-do them. Singer hesitant? hmm.. I guess I know what you mean.

We're only 17-18 so we have lots of time left to get better.

I was really hoping to really hear the rick tone, but it didnt turn out that way, but yea, it is really round sounding which is a good thing I guess.

Oh, and the rock one is my favorite as well.
  4. Anybody else? I really want some constructive critisism. I dont care if you hate it with a passion, just tell me why.